Wednesday, August 9, 2006

School Make Up Work

Last Tuesday, when the puppies were born, I missed school. It was probably for the best, but it means I have a lot to do to catch up. So before class this week, the Teachers Assistant, Shilah, met with me and the other people who missed class to go over everything we needed to know. It was a lot of work, but it was actually a lot of fun, even if it did make for a rather longish day.

I got there early, and bounced on one of the exercise balls to work off some excess energy.



I checked out the charts on the wall that explain reflexology.


There's a lady in my physiology class who's learning reflexology and she seems really nice. Maybe I'll let her try it on me.

While I was waiting, I also reviewed some of the bony landmarks on the human skeleton. Fascinating!!

Then everyone else showed up. We started learning the bony landmarks and the muscles of the leg that the rest of the class went over last week. I got to palpate the tibial tuberosity of the very lovely Christie.


We palpated, and learned until our brains were full, and then it was time for lunch.

Sushi is brain food, and Karissa showed me where to find it in the Whole Foods up the street. Mmmm.... sushi.


We wandered out on their cool covered patio and snarfed up yummy sushi and edamame.

Then it was time to go back to school for the regularly scheduled class. We continued to go over the muscles of the leg, and the teacher showed us where they were by drawing on her Assistant. The Teacher's Assistant came over and helped me palpate the gastroc and soleus of the lovely, very palpable, Christie by explaining to me the drawings the teacher had done on her.

And then helped me draw Christine's right gastroc on in lovely purple.


I learned a lot about the muscles of the leg, and I feel like a better massage therapist already. Many thanks to all of the wonderful ladies who were there at the catchup session and helped me out and especially thanks to Christie for being my palpation partner!

Now off to Massage II!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment