Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Puppy Watching With Mandi

I ended up ditching school.

I know.

Bad bunny.

But I would've fretted about the puppies the whole time I was there, and I really needed a mental health day. I'm having some... philosophical problems with school. Yeah. Anyway, more about that in another post.

So, the vet didn't make it out today, but will be here tomorrow, while I'm at school. Mandi's offered to hang around until the vet comes out and told Kumo and I some very sad stories about puppies who didn't get medical care and what can happen to them. They freaked us out pretty badly. Mandi then explained to us that sitting and staring at the puppies isn't the best either. So she, Kumo and I went out and ate snacks and sucked up iced tea on the deck, while Wendy watched the puppies for a while.




Mandi says that Voltaire, as a momma dog, knows instinctually just what to do but that she needs to be kept in a quiet, undisturbed place, without a lot of noise and distraction to do it. So the three of us staring at her, and wandering around the library trying to sneak a peek at the puppies wasn't a good idea. So we've been taking shifts throughout the day. When it came back around to Wendy's turn, we three wandered down to the theater to watch "V for Vendetta" which we just got on DVD today!!!

It's one of Kumo's favorite movies. Though she can be a little tiresome to watch it with. Honestly, there's only so many times you can hear "Oh, I can do that! I can do that too. Oh, I can totally do that. That move right there, I can do that. And that was not the most efficient way to kill that guy, see the way I would've done it....".


She's also a big time popcorn hog.

Though, the amazing disappearing popcorn was really my fault. I knew better than to let Kumo sit right next to it.

Anyway, it's a great movie. It was great to see it again.

Now the three of us are back to taking turns watching the puppies, since Wendy's gone to bed. Mandi's sleeping for a couple hours, Kumo is up watching them and I'm about to crash on the couch until it's my turn. Hopefully, tomorrow the vet will say they're all doing great. They're pretty wiggly little things, and really really cute. So we'll see what the vet says. Think healthy puppy thoughts for us.

Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment