Monday, August 21, 2006

Ninja Night Basketball

Never play basketball with a ninja. And I recommend against playing basketball with my sister, anyway. Bad things always happen to the ball in play. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

My friend Antigone came by around 7 p.m. yesterday, just to talk about what I missed at the writers' group and all. So we hung out in the office and surfed the web for a while. She said being in the library with Voltaire last time made her sneeze, so we just stayed away from the dogs completely. I'm glad I'm not allergic to anything. It sounds like a pain in the butt.


Kumo came up after a while and invited both of us to come play basketball with her. Antigone said she'd pass, and when I said that I might, left almost immediately. I guess she doesn't like basketball. (shrug)

Kumo went out and started shooting some hoops waiting for me. I guess she challenged Wendy to a game.


And Wendy pointed out that in terms of bunny basketball, she has a bit of an unfair advantage.


That left only me to be awed by Kumo's hoop shooting abilities.


She dared encouraged me to take a shot. And I did.


Which was knocked out of the sky immediately by the ninja hoop slayer.


Unfortunately, she knocked it so hard, it rolled under the ONE hole in the fence on the deck.

The history here is that this happened to EVERY ball/frisbee/shuttle cock/soccer ball that Kumo and I have ever tried to play with. And don't EVEN get me started on the horrible fates that met all of our kites.


Anyway, it rolled through the fence, bounced off the gutter, and into the darkness below.


Kumo and don't go outside the Treehouse alone after dark. There are coyotes out there (we could even hear them while we were playing basketball). Wendy said she wasn't going to go digging in the bushes for it in the dark, and that she'd find it for us in the morning.

Kumo, said this was all my fault.


And I'm okay with that, because I was happier inside sucking up decaf coffee and watching cool concept videos on Atomfilms.com anyway.

So, the moral of this story is: never play basketball with a ninja.

Especially if that ninja is Kumo.

No comments:

Post a Comment