Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Gardener Gage

I was a little late getting home yesterday, since I stopped by Wendy's mom's house to get some four 'o' clock seeds to plant in my garden.


I got home and Kumo said "Oh, you just missed Ivy!" I should've known, before I asked who Ivy was, that I probably didn't really want to know.

Somehow, Kumo has gotten herself a job babysitting one of the little bears in the neighborhood, after school. (*boggle*) I cannot EVEN imagine what this little bear's mother must be thinking. I won't see Ivy today or tomorrow either, because she'll be gone by the time I'm home from school, but I'm sure I'll meet her Thursday.

Assuming Kumo hasn't lost the babysitting job for teaching Ivy to throw ninja stars or use a katana or anything.

So thinking that I needed a place to plant my four 'o' clocks, I thought maybe I'd wander out and weed for a bit before I have to go to class.

But it turns out that's a much bigger project than I have time to tackle right now.

Even though I decided not to weed, while I was taking in the garden I managed to snap a photo of a hummingbird...

... and a monarch butterfly, dining on the flowers of my butterfly bushes.

After that, I turned my attention to the indoor plants, thinking that would be easier. Wandering the sunroom, I noticed a horrible smell, and started to wonder if something had crawled into one of the pots and died when I realized nope, it was just the stapelia flower.

And there'll be another one soon, because this little plant as a baby flower growing on it.

Looking around I realized everyone could use some water.

So I watered all of the houseplants (this is nearly as big a project as weeding outside is. Some of these plants are HUGE!) and now I'm off to class.

Maybe I'll tackle the weeding on Thursday. Or maybe I'll just find somewhere else to plant my flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment