Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rainy Day Ninja

When I got home from running errands this afternoon, I knew Kumo was watching Ivy, but I didn't know where they were. It was raining outside (had been for most of the afternoon), so they had to be playing indoors somewhere.

It was very quiet.

I should have known.

It was TOO quiet.

Doing things around the house, I didn't see any sign of Kumo and Ivy, but I had this weird feeling like I was being watched. Even just walking into a room.


I tried to take my mind off of it, and settle on reading some blogs and doing some work on the internet, but even just sitting there typing, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched.

It was a little feeling at first.

And then it got stronger.


I turned around, but didn't see anything.


Until I noticed Ivy's new toy bunny, Mr. G, laying on the floor. Dressed like a ninja.


I thought I had it all figured out, and that I'd play along. I went back to typing, holding tight to my hostage. Not realizing the danger I'd put myself in by taking one of their number captive.


After a while, I wandered down to the kitchen, to get myself a snack.


Taking my hostage along with me, to get some baby carrots.



When I closed the refrigerator door, I heard "Now, Ivy!!"


And the next thing I knew....


... they were walking away with Ivy's toy, and I was laying hog tied on the floor.

For being a kid, Ivy ties really good knots.

Wendy found me about 15 minutes later, and untied me (snickering the entire time, I might add). I went up to the library to tell the girls exactly what I thought of their ninja game, but Ivy gave me a great big hug and told me I was the best playfriend EVER, and suddenly I didn't have the heart to yell at them.

Rotten ninja girls, with their super powerful girl ninja defense -

They're too cute to stay mad at. Darn it!


No comments:

Post a Comment