Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Happy One Week Birthday Little Puppies!!

They're a week old. On one paw it seems like there have been puppies in my house forever, and on the other paw every time I see them it's like they're brand new. But they've been here for one week, and they're adorable.



Voltaire is a great mom, and has been very attentive to her puppies. They're growing fast, and I'd swear that one of them is twice the size he was when she had them.

Kumo has been diligently reading to the puppies, which is wonderful, except it was pointed by my friend Cassidy last night, that puppies are born deaf, and their little ears don't start to work until they're about 10 days old.

Don't tell Kumo.

Cassidy also told me that I need a box, not a basket, to keep Voltaire and the puppies in. One that Voltaire can easily get in and out of, but that will keep the puppies in once they start wandering around in another week or so.

For now, the puppies still don't do much, they're content to just lay around and sleep and eat, but that's what they're supposed to be doing. I'm curious to see what they grow up to look like, since there's know way to know what the father dog was. I guess we'll see.

Happy birthday little puppies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment