Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Stolen Couch

Today was beautiful. Sunny and warm and all around gorgeous. So I spent most of it running errands. I took a walk in a park. Just generally enjoyed the day.

Things were great until I got home. Upon entering the library, I knew something was wrong. See if you can spot what's wrong here.

My library before -


My library now -


No, the weird thing isn't Kumo and my girlfriend, Rabbit discussing philosophy (thought that is a little weird). It's the COUCH! There's a monster couch in my library!

So, I made the mistake of asking Kumo about the couch.

Gage: Where did this come from?

Kumo: Shellie's Sofas. Isn't it GREAT!

Gage: Um... did we NEED two couches?

Kumo: Nope, that's why I donated the old one.

Gage: You donated my couch?!? WHY?

Kumo: You just said we didn't need two couches, silly. I donated it to that nice little girl that Miranda was telling Rabbit and I about yesterday. Poor little thing. She's got hardly anything at all.

Gage: I LIKED that couch.

Kumo: Gage! I'm surprised at you. You are so blessed and have so much. (shaking head)

Gage: (sigh) Okay, so does this mean my big, cushy chair is upstairs in the office now?

Kumo: Nope, no room. So it was part of our trade in for the new couch. Isn't it GREAT?

Gage: (blinking) But... I ... fine. (sigh)
***********************************
Rabbit later explained it to me, and claimed it was her fault (though I've dealt with Kumo enough to know better). She had mentioned to Kumo that she'd like a place to set up her computer. And about that time, Miranda (the pixie in my basement) was telling them about some little girl associated with one of the other fairy/pixie/freaky-things that now hang around here. I guess she doesn't have much, so they decided to give her the old couch, since Kumo wanted a bigger one to sleep on.

And now Rabbit and I share an office.


I love it. I love having her just in the same room, typing away on her computer while I do my thing. It's the silliest thing, but I think it's the most romantic thing in the world.

And I've never been so happy to have my couch stolen in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment