Friday, November 17, 2006

I Have Loved the Stars too Fondly...

And while I am not fearful of the night, I did just freeze my little cotton tail off in it. BRRRR!

Why are all the coolest astronomical things up in the sky in winter?

I can't sleep. And instead of staring, bleary eyed at the TV, watching infomercials, I decided to go outside and take in some of my favorite astronomical sights, including the Trapezium in Orion. First, I did some research and figured out what I wanted to look at, all while in the warmth of my library.


Then it was outside on my balcony to watch the stars for a while with my little telescope. It isn't super fancy, but it works for me.

Of course, it's dark, and it's freakin cold. So I didn't take pictures. Sorry.

Instead, here are some pictures of a warmer time. Back to the warm days of July. Back to Becky's Big Day!

Here I am, talking to two of my favorite people in the world - William and Philamena. Okay, no, I don't think she knows he's a beaver. But I don't think he knows she's a squirrel, either. Don't tell them. Don't tell them we affectionately refer to them as the "myopic couple" either.

Cynthia Kat and her father, Roger. Roger is some kind of financial lawyer. Cynthia helps him out as an office assistant. I went to school with her brother, Casey, who I think is still making his living as a rock musician. I should go check out his band again. They're pretty good.

Moodini entertaining the kids. I'm taking magic lessons with him now. I need to do a blog entry about that too. He's a great magician, and he told Rabbit the future at the Halloween Party, though she wouldn't tell me what he told her.

Shot of the crowd at the reception.

So there are just a few wedding pictures. I will still be putting them all up on the web in a tidy little album, someday... It was a nice wedding. And it's wonderful to think back on a summer wedding now that I am half frozen from looking at stars at 3 a.m. in November.

I've been working with a professional Muse (Syri, who I met at the Halloween party) and she's gotten me to realize there's a lot of stuff I could/should be writing about. She's told me just to write. To quit self editing and just write. I figure if you guys don't like what I'm doing, you'll e-mail me and tell me (goodness knows you have in the past). She's been a great influence, and I'm really glad I met her at the party.

More pictures from that party in the next couple of days. Promise. :)

For now, having had a lovely visit with Orion, I think I'm going to try to go back to sleep. Wish me luck. Night, night.

No comments:

Post a Comment