Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rainy Sunday With Tycho


Kumo moved back in with me. Which has been just lovely, and leaves me spending a lot more of my time at Village Inn enjoying their free Wi-Fi. It was a rainy day last Sunday, and that suited my mood just fine.


My human friend, Wendy, has taken up with a new companion. A stuffie dog named Tycho. She's going to Comic Con in a week, and she seems to be planning on taking him with her.


We've had some disagreements recently, and I probably shouldn't have said some of the things I did. Like saying that I didn't want to travel so much anymore. Because she took it to mean I didn't want to travel at ALL. And while staying home and playing games with Sam really is delightful, I do like travel and I really want to go to Comic Con. I didn't expect to just be replaced, and it seemed to me that there was only one thing to do about it.


Meet the competition and explain to him why it's MY bunny purse, and not his. I mean, there really ARE bunnies on the purse, not dogs.

I sent Tycho an email and he met me at Village Inn to discuss the "issue" over pie.

Everything is better when discussed over pie.


He seems like a reasonable enough fellow. Intelligent. Friendly. But maybe a little dense.


We had a very nice conversation, discussing the weather and such small talk, but he didn't seem to get it when I explained to him why _I_ should be going to Comic Con.



I explained to him the problem, and why it just wasn't right that he should take my place in the Bunny bag to go to Comic Con. It just wouldn't look right, now would it? A dog sticking out of a purse with bunnies all over it. Wendy and I have history. I have a blog. Really, it just makes sense that I should go.



Tycho did not seem to agree. He felt that if I were in fact the perfect companion as I believe myself to be, Wendy never would've gone and sought him out in the first place.



And he told me that he loves everything comic book related and he would be a great companion to Wendy at a comic book related convention. He also said he didn't figure anyone would notice WHAT was on the bag, because they would just notice him and how happy Wendy was to have him there.


I told him I was smaller, and would fit easier on the plane. And that, in fact, Wendy and I have traveled by plane before and it went great. Whereas he's a monster and would cause her nothing but trouble at the airport. But he had an comeback for everything.



It was all so stressful he nearly put me off my carrot cake, honestly. Some of his points, I did agree with. But some of them I did not. Not at all. I like comic books too. I pointed out that the fellows from the Mighty Boosh will be there, and he doesn't even know who they are! That's one of Wendy's favorite shows (and mine too).


Tycho told me that in the end, it was up to Wendy, thanked me for the pie and left. On this one point, we do agree. It IS up to Wendy.



So I paid for our pie and started contemplating how best to show her that I am the better travel companion. I have only a week before Comic Con. Time is running very short, but I think I can do it. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment