Monday, July 27, 2009

Comic Con 1 (Wednesday) - Away We Go!

In the wee hours of Wednesday morning, we were off to Comic Con!!


We arrived at DIA first thing in the morning.


The beautiful, upside down cow airport.


I'm not sure who they have to tel that you can't bring cans of WD-40 or lighter fluid on the plane with you, but just in case, there was a handy display case before you got to security.


Once we were through security, straight to the McDonalds for breakfast.


Iced coffee and a hash brown cakey thing. Oh yeah, I'm lovin' it.


Everything seemed to be right on time, so we had a LOT of time to kill.


Taking in the "artwork" (I have no idea what this is supposed to be.)


Taking in the other planes (our plane was the baby lynx one. Who would've thought they'd let a baby lynx fly? But then, I'm not sure how the elk gets in the cockpit of the plane he flies either. So what do I know?)


Taking in the airport.


Spent some time listening to the iPod and reading... waiting for our flight to leave.


Then we were all getting ready to board! Almost time!


And we're up and away! Taking in the scenery from the air!


And uh... airline TV. Who watches TV on an airplane when you could look out the window and see the mountains and stuff?


We ended up over a cloudbank, and I couldn't see anything. I didn't want to watch airline TV either. What I WANTED was that thing that tells you where you are. Like we had on the flight to Washington.


But there wasn't one, just clouds, which was pretty much what I was seeing outside too. I had no idea where we were. But I figure as long as the pilot knows, that's the important thing. Right?

Next - We Arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment