Saturday, May 23, 2009

Slight Change of Plans

The pool party was canceled for inclement weather, so the plan was that my human friends and I were going to head out and do something fun for Memorial Day weekend. We hadn't figured out what yet, and first, I needed to walk Voltaire and visit with my sister, Kumo, a little.


When I called Kumo and told her the pool party was off, she said she was going to head over anyway, just to visit and "scope the place out."


Upon hearing the distinct sound of Kumo's motorcycle approaching, Voltaire seemed to remember Kumo and started barking, and jumping around excitedly. Kumo lived with us when Voltaire had her puppies, and was quite the puppy nursemaid for a bit.


Even though the pool party was canceled, this did not seem to dissuade Kumo from wearing a grass skirt to ride over on her bike.



Turns out, it was a rented hula dancer costume, and she wanted to get her money worth out of it. (I read no reports of bunny on a motorcycle in a hula outfit related motor vehicle accidents, so I guess that's all good.)

So instead of going out with my friends to do Memorial Day things, I ended up sitting around in my apartment with Kumo chatting. It was nice to catch up, but she was a bit cagey when it came to talking about where she's living. I hope she's doing okay. She said she would have to have her belongings "called for" and that she'd see me soon. So maybe it's all in storage or something. Maybe she'll tell me the details next time I see her. She said she'd bring her dog, Tsume, and Voltaire will like that a lot. She hasn't really had another dog to play with for a while.

Not a very exciting Saturday in spite of it being mostly spent with Kumo. But quiet is okay, at least while I'm still getting settled in.

- Gage

No comments:

Post a Comment