Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Dinner With Girlzoot

This week is shaping up to be a rather social one.

My buddy Mal is coming to visit from Washington state in a few days.

I finally decided to let my sister, Kumo, know that I was back in Colorado. I've been invited to a pool party on Saturday, so I told her we could just meet up there. She sounded really enthusiastic... which is always a little worrysome with Kumo.

And tonight, I got the honor of having dinner with my friend, Girlzoot.


She told me she gets lost easily, so we agreed to meet at Cafe de France, where we've been before.

It's been months since I saw her, way before I lost my mind and go married, and over those months I've found several books that I thought she'd like. So while we were waiting for food to show up, we looked through the books I found her. She seemed pretty tickled with them.



Dinner was pretty good (I had the pasta salad), but dessert was the BEST. We split something with orange and chocolate that was really just wonderful.


She agreed to let me blog about dinner with her, if I'd help her with her art project. It's kind of neat. You can see it here - Girlzoot: Words and Faces.



Then it was off to Build a Bear to see if I could find a pair of swim trunks for the pool party (I did. Thank you, Build a Bear), and where I was serenaded by Girlzoot singing "Sing, Sing a Song" with a little stuffed microphone.

Now there's something you don't see every day.

It's been much too long since I've seen Girlzoot, and there are a lot of my friends I've neglected with this whole marriage thing. I need to see about fixing that. But first I need to figure out which box my address book is packed in. It's got to be here somewhere.

- Gage

No comments:

Post a Comment