Friday, May 8, 2009

Hare Trek

Today, was Star Trek day.

We all took the day off of work so we could go see Star Trek.

Kirkachu drove. I navigated, of course.


We went to the Continental, for the giant screen experience.


Woo hoo! Movie time!

The movie ROCKED. I really like Star Trek. I always have. And I thought this was really brilliant. I can't tell you anything about it without giving things away (no spoilers here. I hate that). All I can tell you is, go see it, in spite of this Onion news article (which cracks me up) - Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film as 'Fun, Watchable'.


We saw a preview for "Terminator Salvation" and it looks pretty. I'm trying not to have any expectations, but the special effects in the trailer are incredible. We'll go see it. Absolutely.

Wendy's on some kind of freak diet, so there was no carrot cake to be had this afternoon, but it was still a good movie day, I guess.


So I got home and took Voltaire for a walk, which she loves.


My buddy, Sam, who has apparently grown tired of whomping me at Connect Four AND Battleship decided to whomp me at Boobytrap. I did win a couple of games this time, though.


And now I'm finishing up a lovely day, typing a blog entry on my spiffy new laptop (poor Bessie, my previous machine, didn't survive the move. R.I.P. Bessie). Wendy and I got my "library/office" set up, and even though Voltaire and I have a lot more settling in to do, it really is starting to feel like home.

Tomorrow, trail building project with VOC. I've never done anything like that before. It'll be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for reading, and go see Star Trek.

- Gage

No comments:

Post a Comment