Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Flat Tire Without a Jack (Rabbit)

School has been keeping me really busy. Wendy too. It's good, we're just super busy (which is a lame excuse for not updating my blog, but let's not dwell on that, shall we?)

Business class today was a lecture about taxes and book keeping for massage therapists, given by a lovely accountant lady named Anne Groat. I had never thought accountant types were so nice, but she was wonderful and knowledgable and very enthusiastic about her subject.


So I learned a lot about accounting and book keeping. Mostly, that if I'm going to go into the massage business, I need to hire an accountant/bookkeeper.

It was snowing when we left school, and coming down pretty good. At a stoplight, a nice lady told Wendy that she had a flat tire. Wendy pulled off into a parking lot so we could take a look.

Yep, that's flat.

I pointed out that it was only flat on the bottom.

But it didn't seem to comfort Wendy any. We got back in the car and discussed our options.

I am not a Jack Rabbit, I can't change tires. Turns out, neither can Wendy (and she didn't even know where the jack in this car was because it's really the Trygve-mobile). I could see she was stressing out, and I knew exactly what to do.

Call for help.


We watched the snow fall as we waited.

There was a huge wreck on the highway that delayed our rescuers, but they took a detour and before we knew it, there they were!

Rescued! By Wendy's dad, and Trygve!!

They hopped out of their stolen borrowed truck (they swiped it from Wendy's mom) and got straight to work.

Though Frank also pointed out that it was only flat on the bottom. It still didn't seem to comfort Wendy any. (shrug)

Before I could shake my tail twice, it was all fixed up and they were putting everything away!
Frank waved "bye" and drove off into the sunset... well, some heroic exit along those lines.

And Trygve drove us home. Now that my paws have thawed out a bit (it was really COLD) I'm updating my blog, and I think Wendy is doing better too.

Thanks Frank and Trygve! You're my heroes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment