Friday, August 31, 2007

Gage's Pacific Northwest Adventure - Pt 12

Finally, we arrived at beautiful Seaside Oregon.

And of course, the girls wanted to stop for lunch. They're like that. While they grazed, I looked through the tourist flier to see what there was to see.

Miranda said she didn't care what there was to see, and that she was not going anywhere NEAR the ocean.

I tried to talk her out of it, pondered if it was too cold to go surfing, and stared out the window while the girls continued their grazing.

Miranda and I talked a bit more about the sea, and she told me that it was part of why she'd moved to Colorado in the first place. Her pixie tribe were at war with the ocean pixies and had been for years, and years, and years. No one even remembered why anymore, they just hated each other.

I told her that was a stupid reason to have never seen the sea, and she kicked me in the shin, climbed back into Wendy's purse and wouldn't come out.

Pixies are weird.

Of course, we couldn't immediately go see the ocean. Oh no. We stopped for salt water taffy at the Seaside Candyman. And while their taffy IS really good, I think it's horribly cruel to make your employees listen to the song "The Candyman" over, and over, and over, and over. They seemed very nice and not nearly as crazy as I would've been after that, though.

Finally, wandering down the main street, the world just seemed to end past the overlook.


This was where Lewis and Clark stopped. Good thing, since there's an ocean in the way and all.

And they have been immortalized in metal, staring out forever across the ocean that they fought so hard to reach.

And what a view they have too!

Beach Bunny! Though it was a little too chilly to really work on my tan or swim or anything. So on we went, driving down the Pacific Highway!

(P.S. There might be another interruption of this blog. I think I've convinced Wendy to go out and catch some live music this weekend! I'll let you know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment