Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kumo: Ninja and Elephant Conquerer Pt 2

Morning didn't work out for Kumo's herd so it was more like early afternoon.

Once again, I met Kumo outside. I didn't bring Voltaire this time figuring a giant herd of elephants might be frightening to my little doggie (and if it was another small herd, seeing them get squished again might be traumatic.)

It actually started out pretty good.


Kumo had a larger herd this time. She set them running in front of her. And then, running behind them, she jumped up!



Quick as a flash, she was over the backs of the elephants heading for the lead elephant, just like Tony Jaa in the movie!


And then there she was, on the head of the lead elephant. Her paw on his forehead, he came to an abrupt stop (just like in the movie! Who knew that's how you dominate an elephant?)



All of the other elephants came around to face their new elephant mistress, Kumo, and bowed. And that was when I started to think there was something a bit strange about these elephants.


As Kumo came over to tell me what an awesome ninja she was, the "elephants" started taking off their masks, and I realized who Kumo had been on the phone with all night last night.


When I told her that I found her herd a little "familiar" she explained to me that she'd had a hard time finding elephants, so she decided to make her own.


Just then my cousin, Justin, wandered over to say "Hi" and remind Kumo that she'd promised all of the cousins she'd hired as elephants that she'd take them out for carrot cake.


So, as Kumo explained to the cousins that she was going to have to drive them over one at a time on her motorcycle because Wendy and I had a birthday party to go to I found myself able to rest assured of two facts:

Kumo has gotten this elephant thing out of her system, and that my dear, sweet, ninja, baby sister is a complete whackadoodle. Though, I wouldn't have her any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment