Monday, March 1, 2010

In Hot Water

Our water heater died on Saturday. That's the biggest excitement that's happened around here in a while, which is a good and bad thing: good for just general day to day living, bad for blogging.



This morning, the water heater fixin' guys (InceSpector Handyman - who are awesome) arrived bright and early. They said our setup was weird (Well of course it is. We're like that.) and the water heater was a bear to get to.



They hit it with hammers a bunch, which I wish we'd thought of. It looked fun.



I can't say I've had a lot of experience with water heaters but this one does look on the older side.


Pretty simple controls. But then, I guess you really only need to turn it to "hot", right?


Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the date of the water heater is in the serial number. Ours was from 1972, which I commented was really, really ancient.

Turns out, this was rather an unfortunate comment.



Since that's the year Wendy was born. She was not amused. And for not having any hot water, I suddenly feel like I'm in a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment