Thursday, September 28, 2006

Day of the Dog Trainer

So I've been thinking that once the puppies are gone, I should really invest some and get Voltaire professionally trained. My friend Mandi told me that she knew a GREAT dog trainer named Shirley and I should give her a call. I did, and she came by today to talk about training.

She brought two of her star pupils with her - Max and Suzy. Both beautiful black labs.


She said that Max and Suzy would illustrate what dog training can do and started putting them through their paces right away.

Max illustrated sit and stay -

Roll over -

Play dead -

And then she made him back up, and kneel beside her. It was really impressive.

Suzy did all those things too, but she also pointed -

And "waved hi" as Shirley called it -

And then backed up and knelt beside Max.

VERY impressive stuff. It only took one word commands from Shirley and the dogs completely hopped to it!

Voltaire, however, seemed unimpressed.

So we'll have to see.

I've decided to let Kumo keep her puppy, so we're going to have to do SOMETHING because two, wild, untrained dogs running around the house, while it is better than six (which is what I have right now) but still too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment