Saturday, August 15, 2009

Comic Con 4 (Wednesday) - Preview Night (pt 2)

So where was I? Oh yeah, we'd just entered the dealers' room, with about a million other people.


I found the figures that Tycho wanted. Shiny.


Unfortunately, a lot of the other people there for preview night were apparently ALSO there for these figures. Kirkachu bravely stood in the mob for both of us (since you could buy two per person and he didn't want me to get trampled). It was a mess, though. I think maybe these people didn't know how many folks would want these figures.


Before I could contemplate what exactly four more days of mob scenes meant, I met a bear dressed up like Spider Man!


And Wendy and I went wandering. We found a booth called Fat Rabbit Farm.


Which I had to explain to her was NOT a fat farm for rabbits, but rather an adorable t-shirt place. She thinks she's funny.


I got to meet the guys responsible for "The Night Owls" webcomic, which was pretty cool.


I also got to meet amazing comic artist/creator, Rob Espinosa. Turns out, he's followed up his series "The Courageous Princess"with a really cool, princessy board game.


I considered picking one up for Lenore, but decided I should wait to shop until at least the second day of the convention.

He was super nice, though.


I have no idea who brought the replica Star Trek Captain's chair, but sitting in it just felt totally natural for me. I'd be a great space bunny.


There were a lot of cool and strange costumes at the convention. And then there was whatever this one was.


This guy was just quitely sculpting while all the chaos went on around him. Beautiful. I don't know how you focus with that many people around you, looking over your shoulder. Amazing.


This was a close as I got to the Iron Man 2 display. They looked pretty nifty, though.


So Wendy says "Look Gage! A cursed boar pirate thing! Doesn't he look nice? Go say hi." So I go say "hi".


It did not go well.


I think she probably wouldn't talk to me because I still smelled like boar breath. *shudder*



Remote control dinosaurs. Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess. Though, Wendy was completely enchanted with them. I'll have to keep that in mind for Christmas.


And while shopping for Christmas presents...


Nah, not for me. But Kumo would have a great time with her very own Bat Pod!

So we saw a bunch of stuff, got a voucher so we could pick up Tycho's green Power Ranger Hal Jordan: Green Lantern figure in the morning, walked around in circles forever with about a million people and then it was time to go back to the hotel.


On the way, we saw the biggest freakin' cock roach I have ever seen. Thankfully this was the only one I saw for the whole trip, and it was OUTSIDE.


But, before we got to the hotel, we were all hungry again. And ended up at (of course) Denny's.


Where I washed down day one of Comic Con with a nummy rootbeer float.

Then it was off to bed because we had to be up bright and early to pick up Tycho's action figure, and there was destined to be more Comic Con adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment