Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Comic Con 3 (Wednesday) - Preview Night (pt 1)

And so the Comic Con saga continues...
********

I thought I might take a quick nap after my shower, but there was no time! We had to go get our badges and check out "preview night" (which basically just means getting into the dealers' room/exhibition hall early.


The view from the hotel was... another hotel. Which is okay. And a bunch of houses on a hill.


We walked to the train station, which was near by and actually really nicely run. I'm used to Colorado transit where the RTD on the buses and trains stands for "Reason to Drive". I was impressed.


Almost there!


Up the escalators to get our badges.


With about a million of our friends... there are a LOT of people that attend Comic Con.


Once we had our badges, we sat in the line waiting to get into the dealers' room. I read some of the convention literature. It was the 25th anniversary of Usagi Yojimbo, which I think is probably Kumo's favorite comic. Well, at least she probably likes looking at the pictures (don't tell her I said that.)


Advertisement for the figures Tycho wanted. Five "Darkest Night" Green Lantern figures. One of the first things I needed to do upon getting to the dealers' room was to find the booth that had them and get the first one. They were putting one of the set up every day for the next five days! What had I signed on for? But, they were the only thing Tycho asked for from the convention. I was determined to get them for him. Poor guy.


However, the dealers' room was HUGE. There's a MAP to find everything, and I had no doubt that without it, I would be one lost bunny. (And this one was to scale and accurate, unlike that one from the last entry).


What HAD I signed on for?


I didn't have time to contemplate it, since there were other stuffies to meet in the halls.


Ocean to admire.


Card games to be played. Turns out I am particularly good at Pictureka. I think it comes from being so focused that even someone pulling my ears cannot keep me from winning.


And I guess that while I was sitting in line, waiting for everything to open, it didn't occur to me that all the people sitting in line with us would be ...


IN the dealers' room with us. It was a LOT of people. But I was on a quest! I had to find that booth with the Green Lantern for Tycho! And so off we went, wading through the crowd to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment