Saturday, April 21, 2007

Out and About Bunny

True to my birthday promise, Wendy and I have been getting out more. Oh, just little trips, but she's been such a hermit I'd hate to throw her into shock by taking her somewhere foreign. I figure I'll ease us both into getting out and doing stuff. So we started with a quick trip to her Mom and Dad's house.


Took the time...


... to stop and...


... smell the flowers.


I found a bunny burrow, and called down "Hi!" but I don't think there was any bunny home.

I was looking to see if there were bunnies on the other side of this hole dug under the fence. And I wasn't STUCK, I was pausing to watch, no matter what Wendy and Frank say.


They say that to understand a person you must walk a mile in their shoes. I tried it, but couldn't walk much of anywhere in Karen's shoes.

While we were taking in the view (Frank says on a clear day you can see the Mother Cabrini shrine way over there!) I asked Wendy why she's been so down lately, and she said she's just been having headaches, and wouldn't tell me anything else.


Apparently her headache wasn't bad enough that I needed to drive home. Though, I did offer.

As I thought about it, I realized I know EXACTLY what's causing Wendy's headaches, because I get headaches from them too! All the time! PIXIES!

And I knew how to fix the headaches, for both of us.

As soon as we got home, I grabbed a shipping box and some of the postage labels and using my trusty Sharpie, I made a "Free Pixie Movers" box. (Most people don't know this, but according to my internet research, Pixies are unable to resist anything free.) I figured I'd get the pixies to pack up in the box, close it, slap some shipping on it and put it out with the rest of the mail the next day.

I finished up my box, and hid around the corner, waiting for my first "customer".


Unfortunately, the few pixies that noticed it were just not going for it.


Though, Miranda did tell me it was a nice try.


Also rather unfortunately, the only OTHER person who noticed my Pixie Relocation plan was Wendy. I put on my best "innocent bunny" face and told her I had NO idea who would've done such a thing as to try to pack up and mail pixies to a random address in Idaho.

It didn't work. But it did make her smile.

And so much for internet research! They resisted just fine. I'll have to come up with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment