Thursday, July 16, 2009

Making my Case

While Tycho was sleeping in, I tossed myself into Wendy's purse and went to work with her. I felt this would be a great opportunity to subtly make my case for why _I_ would be the better companion for Comic Con.



The girls at the doll store are all addicted to hummus at this point, so I brought some and some crackers. I felt this showed how thoughtful I can be about feeding my human companions.



I helped fill orders for wigs, which I thought showed that I'm self motivated and very helpful when it comes to tasks and putting things in order.


Between orders, I fell back on my massage school training and rubbed Gina's shoulders. She was a little stressed out over a friend of hers. I thought this a perfect illustration of how I could comfort and be useful when my human companions were tired from walking all day at the convention. I do give a pretty good back rub.



Shannon had a bad run in with a rotten customer who said some very rude things to her on the phone. She keeps a lot of tension in her shoulders so I gave her a little bit of a back rub too. I hoped that this would show that I could be comforting in a bad situation.


Then it was back to pulling orders. I couldn't find the right color eyes for the order I was working on.


But I kept looking and digging in the box.


And really immersed myself in the doll store order filling experience.



I was up to my eyeballs in eyeballs! *snicker* Which hopefully showed my determination, and my ability to stay on a task (probably pretty helpful for the convention since there'll be some map following. Oh! I am also an excellent navigator. I'll have to be sure to find a way to convey that as well!)


I answered emails in my most professional manner, illustrating my communication abilities (and in a place with 126,000 people, communication is going to be a helpful thing.)


When Wendy was dragging a bit towards mid afternoon, I hopped off to the store and brought her back her favorite energy drink so she wouldn't have to stop working.

I was looking for more things to do, and I asked Gina if I could help with cleaning the big glass showcases. She said "Yeah!"


This was not really what I had in mind. Though, I guess it did show that I'm versatile.



A lady came in with a bunch of dolls she was hoping to sell, and I bought these two little souvenir dolls for Lenore's bookshelf at home. I'm hoping that Wendy could see from this how considerate I am about souvenir purchasing for those who aren't with us on our excursions.

I think it went pretty well all in all (except for the glass cleaning thing, maybe). Now I'm going to go through my photos from the trip Wendy and I took to Washington state to remind her that I was a great companion on THAT trip too. I think this is going to work! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment